Thursday, February 24, 2011

To the women of today

While browsing through various blogging sites, i found IndusLadies , and the competition announcement here got me excited.I thought to myself, what is the harm in participating and I had this very blog post written in my draft long back, but never found the exact time to post it.This seemed perfect.This contest is in prelude to International Woman's Day.Topic is: “A perspective on roles of Indian Women”, it is the celebration of womanhood.So, this is my entry for the contest.I tag Mystical Skeptical Me, Fatima and Annie.

Indusladies 2nd Annual International Woman's Day Blog Contest




Smart, focused, multitasking, well read would be one of the few adjectives that are used to describe the "women of today". She has come a long way from being confined in a stereotypical box, programmed to play the perfect daughter, sister, wife, daughter-in-law.Now she is all this and much more.
If not entirely, society has now giving her the status that she was claimed to have.She is now both an ideal wife and an ideal employee. She isn't happy with just one, because she is aware of her capacity to do more.

To me, women is the sole reason for the existence of this world, as she is the the only one conducive to life.Her prime role is of a mother,she not only gives birth. but nurtures the world with her warmth and love, protects them from the atrocities.
Never has a women been in the center stage, because she has the heart to back down and let others flourish. Society has always been gender biased, men have always been considered superior to women, and she quietly settled in the backseat, so that they feel comfortable being the forefront.

Women has always been a night watchman.When in trouble, she is the one to rely on. She'll take everything on her stride and lay forth a smooth path for everybody else to walk on.Women have always been mocked about being a complex human, about being the sole reason for differences.Little notice has been given on how selfless her deeds have always been, just because she loves you, she'll sacrifice herself and never even ask.Even if they have been selfish, they were thinking about the well being of her family.

Today, women is everywhere, there is nothing that a woman hasn't accomplished.And there would be nothing that she won't be capable of.Be it an entrepreneur or a home maker, they have there own success stories.They are not just responsible for their own success, but for others too.

A lot has been written on paper, she is a deity on on paper and a doormat in real.Things have improved a lot from my mom's time to mine, but there is still scope. The one thing that didn't change was, a women was happy being both, a deity and a doormat, as long as everybody else was happy.And this is her beauty.

Many stories are published about the strength of women, and how she freed herself from the clenches of an overpowering man.But those are just drops in ocean. Every woman has a story of her own, which might not appeal somebody to write a book, but there is a story.From our mothers to us, somewhere, we all have fought our own battles.She has cried her eyes out, felt weak, but with each tear drop, they could see the light refracting, they never gave up. I, myself, have seen a story unfold in front of my eyes.

A girl, married at the age of 15, now 55, has struggled all her life and still is.Being married at such a young age,little did she knew, what she had in store.All her life she fought, when she couldn't have a child,when her husband fought with death,when in laws assaulted her,when she had a little girl, when she was told to marry her off.She couldn't study much, but has a eye for textile, she can easily give a NID graduate a run for their money.Every battle, she fought with her poise intact, never did she succumb the pressure. Though, herself couldn't study much, but gave her daughter all resources. From her i learned, education does enlighten you, but there's more knowledge waiting for you in the outside world.Education, independence is required, but it is not just for the so call "educated" women.The woman of today is not who has degrees from Oxford, but is the one who believes in herself.

A woman's success today is the outcome of her own strength,determination. She has earned it.

Helen Reddy's song describes every woman's feeling...

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'Cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

Oh yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong
I am invincible
I AM A WOMAN



12 comments:

  1. three cheers to be a woman!! its awesome!

    i liked this post a lot... :) would you like to share it on Writing for a Cause? (if u dont know about it, you can find its link on my page)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm Sunshine: Three Cheers :)
    Thanks a lot :)
    I read Writing for a Cause, I'll me more than happy sharing it :)
    Let me know how, shall i mail it to you..?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post women of today rock

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel this is the era of us the women of today
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asma: Ye asma humara hai, ye jaha humara hai :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a very well written post Bhargavi! :) And This is my first visit to your blog, very happy to see your work!
    Thanks for being such an ardent reader!keep the feedback coming in!
    XX

    http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a Awesome post Bhargavi. The power and might of women is put forth in a subtle yet dauntless manner, every word speaks of courage and strength !

    Continue writing!!

    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Lot Like Fashion: Thank you very much :)
    You are the first fashion blog i ever read :D

    Love & care

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fatima: So glad you liked it :)
    Love & Care

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. Girl power! We rule dont we? :D
    Nice.. very well written.. A salute to all the wonderful amazing women in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey you have an award waiting for you at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...